Apex Closing Services, LLC will NEVER contact you via email to request or provide wire instructions. If you receive an email containing WIRE TRANSFER INSTRUCTIONS, call your escrow officer prior to wiring funds to verify the information, as a precaution use previously known contact information and NOT information provided in the email.
Reduce Your Risk of Cyberfraud by Practicing Good Cyber Hygiene
• Do not click on suspicious emails, attachments or links.
• Keep your operating system up-to-date on all devices.
• Install antivirus software on all devices and keep it up-to-date.
• Keep your firewall turned ON.
• Turn off, lock, or set to “time-out”when your computer/device is not in use.
• Use strong passwords and change them every 90 days.
• Do not use personal information for passwords; rather, include one upper/lower case letter; one special character; one number, etc.
• Use individual employee accounts, not shared email accounts.
• Be careful what you download.
• Avoid websites you don’t trust.
• Do not send wire instructions or other business-sensitive data to/from a personal email account.
• Encrypt all emails containing wire instructions or other business- sensitive data.
• Use only secured email accounts; avoid using free, web-based email accounts for business communications.
• Be aware that the email accounts of other parties to a transaction may be unsecured or easily hacked.